View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny.
Not calling you a fucking idiot mate! I just use that smiley after questions.

I hear what your saying and do agree that genetic's play a massive part. I just believe that can force your biceps to grow (as much as your genetics allow) bigger and wider through using various exercises and techniques.

I find that strict concentration curls and strict single arm preacher curls on an slightly inclined upright bench really allow for a good peak contraction.

Like you say, some people agree, some dont, although this method of training seems to be working for me at the moment so I'm sticking at it until I plateau
Fair enough mate, I took it the wrong way so apologise.

I agree that you can probably slightly isolate one of the heads of the bicep more over the other by varying exercises but I don't think that you can grow a peak. Its genetic imho and dependant on the length of them and other factors. You can also force muscles to grow, just not manipulate in a certain way. Getting them bigger will empasise the peak if you have one but then others have wide/thick arms.

I think you are lucky in that your bi's peak so are growing in that way. If you had flat thick bi's I dont believe that your method of training them would change that. Would be interesting to hear a pro's take on that theory. Could they build big arms and then sculpt them to a shape?

If its working, then as you say, keep it going.