View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Rekusu
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gentlemen, Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have checked the fuse and relay behind the glovebox and both OK. I have been thinking of a corroded relay. The starter and dipped beam are the same, and I have already swapped them. The dipped beam started the car so I figure it is working but the starter relay did not bring the dips to life. Have also given all plugs and sockets (relays, light units) a shot of WD40 in the hope that will clean them. Wiggled all wires at the plug and socket ends, but zilch. Also opened up the dip beam relay, gave is a clean and a shot of WD40. Looked OK on the inside and probably did not need a clean, but still no working dips. I have wondered about a corroded contact under the fuse box and spent half the afternoon trying to remove the fuse box but gave up. Any ideas on how to remove it. One bolt at the back, one nut inside and remove the red and green plugs, but then what. Seems that the fuse housing is a two piece molding, but how to separate and remove them? Rekusu

Last edited by Rekusu; 02-07-2011 at 11:10 PM.