Old 18-05-2011, 08:39 AM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by vaughant
Nah,I appreciate it mate,I had a feeling most of the enquiries weren't serious anyway.just surprises me that people cant see beyond a few days work to end up with a very decent car,like I said,work out the costs of a full respray,rebuilt motor,mint interior,mint wheels,more spares than you shake a shitty stick at etc.
If you look at it breaker wise,there's the asking price back from all the oily bits and interior,I've seen people asking £150 for doorcards on here,I've got a perfect set for this,even the originals aren't too bad,the rainbow trims worth £350 all day long,say a £150 for the two 87/88 spec saff trims,£80-100 for the rs2k interior,£75 for the s2 recaros,another 2 leather interiors,must be another £150 each all the other bits and bobs and I'm counting a grand there before you go through all the crappy bits that never seem to sell!!!
This place has gone dismal for selling stuff lately so I think it maybe an eBay/pistonheads special from now on,the shit I've seen over there for £5k is shocking.
There's a cheap 4x4 on here though for £3k,makes you wonder how people are getting more for theirs?
Point taken on the pics but I believe honesty to be the best policy even though I'm not sure why I bothered writing the ad out on here!!!
i agree mate, but what cars are advertised for and what they actually sell for is too totally different things.

My advise would be to spend the 2 days you think it would take it get it finished, then advertise it. Sell all the bits seperately, rather than chucking them in with the car

There is only 1 reason why cars dont sell, and thats due to the price.
Te reason why that other 4x4 sold on here so quick was because it was priced right at 3k, it even had a set of AP brakes!!