Old 03-05-2011, 08:20 AM
NoGutsNoGlory
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Sierra 4x4 Cosworth pre conversion planing [Help please]

So... A year or so ago I got Sierra 4x4 Cosworth from Italy.

This car was scrapped although it's in really good shape but anyway. A week or so ago I bought a Sierra with a 1600c engine [not sure what model with that be] so I could strip the Cosworth and move all parts to the Sierra 1600c.

1st problem is that the Cossy is LHD and the other Sierra is RHD [We use RHD cars in Malta]

I know I'll be needing the following parts, power steering, ECU harness and Air Con [If i decided to fit it.]

Will there be anything else for the LHD to RHD conversion?

2nd Problem It's not just a LHD to RHD conversion, the part will be moved from a 4x4 Cossy to RWD 1600cc model. Will the drive shaft tunnel [That tunnel in the middle of the car] will need to be changed? Is the one in the 1600cc smaller then the one for 4x4 cossy ?

3rd Another things which I might have missed ?

Some might say this is way too much hassle. But I have got some quotation and labour cost isn't expensive. Buy moving all cossy parts on to a car which is already registered in Malta I will not have to be pay any registration fees, + for the authorities it will just be an engine transplant so road license will remain almost the same.

Any help ?