View Single Post
Old 20-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Zorganator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Orion Restoration

Hi All, I have just joined the forum as I have heard good things about it
I am also a member of Fordfreaks.co.uk

I am currently trying to restore a 1989 Ford Orion Ghia that I purchased earlier this year as it has failed its MOT. There are a number of small jobs to do with the electrics etc but the main job is to repair the floor pan (rust and holes), one sill, front crossmember (repair or replace) and wheel bearing.... I will be asking for help and advice as I am new to restoring older Fords

Below you will find the car in its current state - paintwork is concours condition, all body panels are mint and free from rust, engine is a mint XR3i unit from a H reg with low miles on it, full stainless steel exhaust system inc uprated manifold, leads etc, has drilled and grov larger front disks.....alloys will be replaced with some others when I decide what to go for.

I will update as I go along - first stage will be to find someone who can weld as I cant lol as I am looking to purchase new floor sections to replace the current ones that have holes in. Once floor repaired I will seal it. Then move on to the next stage.....

All comments and advice welcome.
Look forward to meeting with some of you at the up and coming Ford events