View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 04:42 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta tddi,5dr,very cheap,no t&t

Owned this car between me and my mate since 2006!!!
Was bought as a cat d bumpy when they were actually worth something but as lemony snickett would say,a "series of unfortunate events" have occurred over time!!

The car had a very very light front and a light n/s.we bought it complete with 2 colourcoded doors and needing a bit of work to the pillar and hinges,which was all done,car ready to roll only requiring minor bodywork to finish.

This was where the problems began.

Drove it to my mates for the Mot and found it had no 5th gear.turned out to be no oil in the box,filled it and it drained straight back out,casing had a hole in it,great!!!!
We believe this came from the light front,perhaps hit a rock and the selector smashed back into the box.

After much arising about,the box was done and the car
ready for Mot,which it passed,it just needed some minor bodywork to finish .

Problem number 2!!!

The guy doing the bodywork went out of business and the car sat there for a year waiting for us to collect it,but no work done,never tell a painter your not in a rush!!!as it does,life got in the way and the car got forgotten about,we
changed shifts and so on and it sat in the garage.

When I got my business,we decided to finish it off so the car got the paintwork sorted,ready for the Mot again!!!

Problem number 3.

Seized alternator,so I changed it(bastard of a job!!!) and still no charge,pissed off I stripped it to buy new only to find I hadn't tightened the coupling on the shaft and pulley hence no charge,FFs!!!!

Alternator sorted,ready for it's Mot on the Monday.
Couldn't take it as the alternator stated overcharging although I'm told this is cos it came from a focus tddi and the lt wires are different,this could be bullshit as I can't get a wiring diagram for the tddi but there are 3 wires on the focus and 2 on the fiesta loom?

Problem no4!!!

Some scum stole the front end off it,bumper,headlights,grille and wing mirrors,wankers!!

We've now sourced all the parts in the right colour but have totally lost interest in it,I work away and he's just got a new job as well,realistically,it's here forever!!!

I can't start to add up to what it stands me alone,let alone both of us but it's of some use to someone I'm sure.

Still,good points are a cracking 1.8 tddi engine,chain driven model,starts on the button even after all this time and never runs hot etc,in fact mechanically it's pretty spot on,may need brakes recommissioning etc but it starts/stops/drives ok.

Bodysuit presentable,pretty solid underneath,although we welded it in 2006 when it was 6years old,typical ford build I'm afraid!!!was done well though,in fact I couldn't tell you where it was plated other than sill somewhere!!!

Interiors ok for it's age,good clean would do wonders,needs battery and one tyre has a slow puncture but their all actually in good order.

Pics tomorrow and of course any questions crack on!!!

Car has done 90k,has power steering,leccy windows,central locking and aircon and when new was advertised as a 60mpg car.

Price is £500,worth that for the engine and box alone,bumper/headlights/grille all included.

We also have a zetec s complete front end for sale in red should anyone be interested as we had to buy both as part of a deal.