Old 13-03-2011, 02:48 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts
Default 2000 X reg Vauxhall Astra Mk4G 1.7 TD - long mot/tax = £1295

I have decided to change car as am now bored after 3.5 years of owning this fantastic reliable and cheap to run car.

Its a X reg, cant quite remember if its 2000 or 2001. Its a 1.7 turbo diesel. This is an ex-police car and as such has been maintained to a high standard and is extremely reliable.

It is a 3dr model and has factory fitted sports seats with lumbar adjustment (have not seen another astra with this interior in), usual refinements, such as electric windows, pas, abs, etc.

It has just been serviced, with all filters and oil replaced, new brake pads all round and a drop link was changed a couple of days ago. I have fitted 17s alloys and these had two near tyres in december and its hardly done any mileage since.

I have been running this on bio fuel for 2 years with no problems whatsoever. Average around 500 miles to a tank.

Mot is until Jan 2012 and tax is up at the end of the month.

As with any second hand car, there are a couple of areas that require some tlc, such as the glovebox hinges are broken on one side and the windscreen washers stopped working which could be a fuse but it has never bothered me. There is also a couple of small and i mean small paint surface blisters on the rear arch. There are a couple of small marks on the rear bumper (police trying to remove the stickers i guess ). If i was being pedantic and anal with my description I would also say there are a few small light dinks here and there.

Also, you can see where the police had their stickers as i have never polished this car (was sick of polishing the cossie so it felt good to just get in and drive this instead of cleaning it ). A going over with some compound will make this come up trumps.

Car drives lovely with no knocks, rattles or squeeks, or leaks.

Mileage is 86k - cant quite remember as im at work and the car is at home.

PRICE DROPPED £1295 ono with the 17" alloys
Or
£1195 with standard steel wheels

Its the only pic i have at the mo.

Location is Jct 5 on the M4

Cheers

ran

edit: to say im working locally so walk to work now and thus dont need a car, especially an economical one.`

Last edited by R4N SS; 15-04-2011 at 10:16 AM.