View Single Post
Old 23-02-2011, 05:13 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Guilty automotive pleasures...

Just a random thought that crossed my mind. Are there any cars out there that you know you shouldn't like, but that you'd secretly like to own? Stuff that you know you'd get loads of stick for, or that isn't really very good, but you want one anway? I have several it seems!

Ford Puma 1.7 - My girlfriend has one and I love it! Girly to look at, and small inside, but so much fun. Revvy, willing, and such fun to chuck about down country lanes. Such a wicked little car. Shame most people would think you're a bit of a woman for owning one...

Mazda MX-5 - The original one, not the new one. Hugely girly again, but so so so nice to drive. Beautifully positioned controls, great driving position and a brilliant drive. Wasted on hairdressers!

Porsche 944 - I love these. I get abused by nearly everyone for saying it, but I love them anyway. They ooze 1980s from every rust hole, but I still want one. Saw one in PPC mag with a tuned Audi five pot turbo lump in and it made me want one even more!

Vauxhall Nova - The car everyone loved to hate a few years ago. Gone beyond chav now in my eyes. I wouldn't have a mad one, I think the 2.0 lump is too much for them, but I love the old limited edition Sport, and the rally cars of the early 90s too.

Citroen Saxo VTR/S - The car everyone loves to hate instead of the Nova. Tinny, cheap, horrible interior, impossible pedal spacing, and the worst image imaginable, but such a fun car to drive, and very capable. I went to a track day at Curborough with a mate in his VTR, with Spax dampers and R888s on, standard otherwise, and despite being surrounded by much more powerful machinery, the only car lapping quicker was a Honda S2000. Enough said.

Volvo 850 T-5/T-5R/R - Another car I got loads of stick for buying. People who don't know cars will mock you for buying a Volvo - until they go in it.

MINI Cooper S Works - I had to work on one of these on a placement for a few months. It was a MINI Challenge car and it broke constantly. It's an overpriced, not especially well built, girls car with a nasty gearbox. But I forgive it all of that for the noise it makes.

Volvo 340 - What a terrible car. But I'd love one dropped on it's arse with a T-5 engine in!

I'll shut up now, but, come on, what are the cars you secretly love?