Old 17-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Colin-Tempest
Seriously Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver'Scort
Looks a nice little motor that mate, fair play for keeping up to it and putting the hours in!
As a piece of useless info, you look incredibly similar to a mate of mine, must be your English identical twin!
Keep up with the good work
I have a English identical twin? awesome... always knew I couldnt have been dutch..... just knew it lol ( must be the name )

Small update, have been more busy thinking than working to be honest...
At least i now know a bit more wich road i'll travel considering the '3i

Also been a bit busy finding work... not easy..

But i'm not giving in! Been using her as my daily driver a lot, not really funny with the fuel economy and such... but now i'm sure wut work needs to be done!

first up some pics:

Nice to see her in front of the house now in stead of the parking space at the back... alltough the parking has its own gate, i like the fact that i can see her from my couch and from my own room's window..

The rear box is giving me a hard time... whatever i try, it keeps crawling upwards and rub against the bumper now it allready had some scratches, but enough is enough...
you can see here its not aligned.. think it might be a mk3 back box and the angle might not just lign up with the exhaust slot in the bumper

Driving it on a daily base also made me realize that the power isn't all that... I need to really floor it sometimes just to keep up with traffic... and ever since i took her on the ring, and took on a challenge with this stupid twat in his VW Polo ( wich lost his 3th gear along the way btw ! LOL) i'm hungry for more POWAAH!!! ( not gonna turbo it...)
So thats another point on the list.... performance upgrades..

Then there is the ever ongoing bodywork, rust repair....and the paintjob. I love these cars in Red... but i'm getting really sick of having to polish my fingers to the bone almost every month just to make it shine and stop having to here stupid remarks from my mates bout it being a slitish ''pink' or ''flat red'

ow and does anybody know whats up with this? Does all mk4's have this problem... i wanna replace this so bad with a piece of carbon...

and then like i said... the rust...

and the previous owner wasnt really good at parking...

And i myself wasnt really that good at late braking at the Nurnburgring...

When this get ever fixed... that will be the spot for the ring sticker.. lol..
just for memories

As for now, i'm just happily driving along with it, must get job fixed first to finance everything... also have to decide what i want with the power.. i'd love an RS2000 lump, 2.0 Zetec, 1.8 130bhp lump... just need to even all the pro's and con's... also have to find a RST gearbox...not easy

suspension will be koni's i guess, love to polybush everything.... and i dont know what it is but i can't decide brakes...
Ferodo DS2500 and Rotor Disc's look like an easy upgrade, a lot of you use the big stuff like wilkwoods and brembo's, but can anyone inspire me with what kind of upgrade would be easy and relatively affordable?
Also, I need rear discs... no more drums.. never...
What would be an easy upgrade for rear discs?

Well wheels, intake kits, back boxes are no problem, took my a lot of to start on the covergasket but fixed that didnt I , but would be the first time to start with things like brakes, suspension.... and eventually... a full resto?

Why do we get so attached to a lovely formed peace of metal?

till next time,

Colin