Thread: 3dr
View Single Post
Old 25-01-2011, 12:43 PM
siscossie
3-door moonstone

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Default 3dr

This is my project, picked up from portsmouth a 14hour round trip. A prety well known 3dr in the south, been mag featured. Got the shell minus engine box, interior, front bumper, grill ect
It used to have an rs500 front bumper and rear spioler but they where sold before i got to it, it also had touring car centre lock split rim wheels. Id been watching this car for a while, i had a 2wd saph at the time just done a full engine rebuild and new t34 turbo. My idear was to break the sapph and use the engine and gearbox for the 3dr.

[IMG]
http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz359/siscossiers500/th_bay1.jpg[/IMG]

This is what it looked like before;

Got a front bumper from ireland and a front grill had them painted

Then the engine was all sorted ready to go in

The new t34 from C&R turbos was bolted on

This is how it looked when it was first dropped in

Got an interior sorted from pete at ashfield top bloke £600 benn in an 33,000mile 500 apparently

And got a 4spoke rs wheel from fastford show £200 in great nik

Made a new centre gauge pod

Then i got a set of TSW hockenhiems 8"/17" had them refurbed with blue centre nuts

Then i got a set of these lenso bsx 7.5"/16", really waant some comp cxn but these will do for now. Managed to get a RS500 Genuine upper spoiler, needed a bit of work it had been stored stood on its mounts and hadf slightly worped. But my paint man sorted it out(thanx craig a master with the body work AND PAINT)

Also decided to change the engine loom, got a new braided item

The new one and the old one

Also managed to get a RS500 genuine front bumper in great condition had it painted then i fitted it.

Got some new bumper trin from kent trim supplies just need a splitter now

Made a turbo heatshield aswell and sorted out some of the pipes, also lowered it slightly. Took the coilovers off and gave them a lik of paint look much better now.

Had the fuel pump cradle powder coated aswell, also managed to get a 3dr beam and arms so had them done aswell

The roof lining was looking a bit saggy so removed it and took it to my local trimmers who recoved it looks new now top job

Also cleaned up one of the powersteering pipes aswell as the gearbox cradle

Last edited by siscossie; 25-01-2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: update