View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 10:04 AM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny @ Enhanced Performance
Thought youd say something similar!!!lol

Well as far as the car its now on different ecu with the same loom adapted to the link connector i believe(not for sure)and has no issues so i think all involved is happy at the mo

This isnt the first issue with gotechs either though..

cheers danny
Danny,. that is fair enough

Originally Posted by Char1ie
ECU Monitor Enthusiast you say "The only way to check for sure is with a dual trace ocislloscope...." but I disagree. Luke used a signal generator through the ECU with no loom connected and the ECU started generating random spark signals. This is enough to determine that the problem is with the ECU as the ECU was tested in isolation.

Charlie
Sorry but I disagree. As said before, a normal signal generator cannot be used to test this problem as it can never provide the same signal as the crank and also provide the same level of interference that is present in all cars when running.
This can only be truly be determined by an electronics expert with knowledge of the internal workings of the specified ecu using the right measuring eqiupment which I doubt very much any tuner would have or need to have.
(No disresepect to danny/Luke/EP)

I am not saying one way or the other Gotech was at fault as there is much more going on in an installation that the ecu itself which is my point here. !!

I am glad you have now resolved things