View Single Post
Old 24-11-2010, 03:30 PM
SiZT
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chaffe
Ive not used one, what is it? like a data logger showing engine rpm and map pressure linked with AFR?
Yes it's a data logger that will take inputs from EGT, MAP, TPS etc and will work through my lm1 so I can get data logs with all the info on my laptop.

Originally Posted by Chip
Rick, how did you gain access to the files and work out which bytes corresponded to the actual different maps?

Or was it something someone else had previously done and you were able to jump on the back of?

Remapping standard ECU's is just SO much effort if you are starting from scratch from what Ive seen although Ive never done it myself Ive always only done it when supplied with a tool to do so as TBH its less hassle to just fit aftermarket than to "crack" them like that in the first place!
2 programs I've had a look at are RACE 2000 and WinOLS. Race 2000 already has maps from certain cars, so you can pick it up and go, I didn't get much chance to look at it (was on a 30 day trial) but I couldn't see any way of changing the resolution so with increased rev limiters it was interpolating off the end of the map.

WinOLS is a complete back to the bones, scanning through Hex data program. Apparently the full version will look for maps for you but I'm tight and on the trial version. I've identified some maps purely from looking through the code and finding what look like potential maps from the 2d and 3d graphs, however I have no idea how to change them. Www.chiptuners.org has a good forum about it all.

Edit: For the lm2 users, have you found them unreliable? I went for a lm1 instead due to hearing of reliability issues.

Last edited by SiZT; 24-11-2010 at 03:31 PM.