View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Luca
Lukesville

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chip
Indeed, there are SO many examples from around the world managing it and it really isnt that big a deal if you put your mind to it.
Luca if you actually look at speckys car next time its at the pod or whatever you'll be amazed how little changes there actually are to the car other than a big power engine and some basic suspension upgrades.
People seem to dissapear up their own arses getting overly complicated but you really dont need to and Speckys car proves that wonderfully.

Keep it simple, add lots of power, and get shitloads of seat time as that is the other key thing that speckys car had, he's just been in it constantly!
I bet none of us could put his car into the 9s without about 1000 practice runs first like he has had!

I have seen the car and have nothing but admiration for the car and owner.
Very friendly bunch of lads of whom one (didn’t get name) insisted on guiding me out with the burnout on drag – Top Lad!.
He owes me a clutch now though!

However, if aimed at me as to why mines not doing fantastic "Vauxhall spec" times considering the cars spec…. You answered that yourself.

Seat time and the fact I have wanted to build a car that is neutral and competent in all areas be it – Drag – Track – Top speed.

For that reason it complicates being the fastest or quickest on the strip.
However I am slowly progressing with it all and having a great time learning

I am sure mine will be knocking on the door of a high 10 with drag slicks and a few practice runs.