View Single Post
Old 30-10-2010, 09:08 AM
geoisbest
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk2 fiesta Zetec se on bodies

So here's my new project. Its a mk2 fiesta. Now before I start this car cost me next. To nothing. I don't want it to be a concourse car it's a POS and I know this but I had a couple of days off work and I wanted to see if it could be done.

So I started by taking the engine out and welding and plating up the cross member as it had snapped. I then filled it and made it look a little neater.

The next job was to convert the cable clutch to hydraulic. I removed a master cylinder and piping from a Mk4 fiesta and set about making a pedal box which would fit into the mk2. I did this by making up a extra bar on the lathe which extended the current bar which the pedals pivot on. I then attached the cradle to the existing pedal box and space it with nylon washers. I then cut a suitable hole in the bulk head to fit the new pedal box in.

I then set about transferring the bits across for the engine and gearbox mounts. Lucily all the gearbox mounts fit as do the driveshafts. So this was a easy job.

I then mocked up the engine to see if there would be enough clearance on the inner wings and lucily there was so this was another good and easy job. I constructed an engine mount and welded and braced it to the drivers side chassis leg and inner wing.

The engine could then be place into the car and everything seemed to fit.

This is about where I am up to with the build not bad for 2 days. Don't lay into the car as it was and is a rot box but hopefully when it's up and running then I can tidy it up abut better than it is.

I'm on my phone so will try and upload some pics onto photo bucket let me know if you can/ can't see them.

The exhaust is still a bit of a concern with the spacing and such but I will tend tho that next week when I get some more time to fettle with it. All being well it should be up and running in the next cuple of weeks ready for a big engine mod. I'm not really going to say what it is but it's encorporated on new moto gp bikes.