View Single Post
Old 27-10-2010, 07:54 AM
jezzasin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by massivewangers
God there's some rubbish going on here isn't there

I'm sure you could make the running gear from a MK1 Mondeo 4x4 fit the MK2, but I'm not sure if pick up points and things are a bit different, so you might be as well to buy a complete 4x4 and convert yours with that side-by-side so to speak. Though it would be a lot of work, so it is of questionable worth for the results.

As for the other thoughts. How is the 4x4 system wank? It's perfectly fine if it's looked after and you don't try and chuck a load of horsepower that it was never designed for through it. I love the way that the RS 4x4 system is shit as over 200bhp is pushing it a bit, but no one seems to say how shit the RST boxes are, despite the fact they regularly shit themselves at the same power output

Also, the Mondeo is good for a lot of things. It has a pretty decent chassis, especially for a car of it's size. Cars like the ST24/ST200 set class-leading handling standards, which the Mondeo has carried through to this day. People seem to forget it was the Mondeo which really made steps to change the way Fords drive, and without it, I very much doubt the Focus etc would be the cars they are.

If it was me, I'd fit the RSAP kit, bit of a drop with some nice 18" multispokes. Fit some V6 rear brakes, some Focus RS Brembos, ST200 interior, and supercharge a 2.0 lump. It isn't massively different, but who gives a monkey's uncle, it would be a wicked car
thanks for the info, the 4x4 thing does seem a bit of a big job lol but the list of mods you gave sounds good, i have the RSAP kit already just need to repair the skirts as one is missing a bracket from the middle, have been lookin at a set of 18-19" bk299's with the black middle and chrome lip as for charging a 2.0 lump, i take it a blacktop would be best but would it be a straight swap for the silvertop, as for lowering i bought a set of lowering springs from someone off gumtree only to find they are for a bleedin focus mk1 lol