View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 09:25 PM
bigal82
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your worried already about how fast they are i dont think there really the car for you lol.

153 bhp and 7.8 to 60, so not that bad but no cossie etc.

but they handle so well and alot of faster cars wont keep up around the corners on track etc but they will go past on the straights you just have to carry alot more speed through the corner and make it harder on the straights .

they rev to 7150 as they have a different map to the standard puma which tops out at 6750.

and anytime you lift off the throttle they pop and bang .

they go over the 123 mph stated as well

to be honest id look at a few as im not just saying it theirs a reason why they go for 4.5k although that one above is a car i know of and isnt a bad one he just really does need a quick sale.

bear in mind, ford now stock no parts, pumabuild have alot of the parts that were left but there is alot of things that cannot be got anymore and quite a bit that will be quite hard to get remade in the future etc.

parts are expensive, an exhaust system will cost you 1k etc, and brakes are very expensive, so buying a cheap one can often end up being a false economy as you could end up spending a couple of grand making it look ok again.

have a look at the price of body panels to get an idea and theres not tons left.

http://pumabuild.co.uk/catalog/index...6d13c9ac09ec22

http://pumabuild.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=43

also if the cambelt has been changed which it should be every 5 years ask who by as there are only a few frp cam timing tools in existence and if there not timed with the correct tool or using the standard puma tool you will be well down on power, i know as mine was and now ive invested in a tool for the future for the club etc.

theres more than a few about running around timed up wrong.

if you do need a hand finding one just let me know

alan .

Last edited by bigal82; 01-10-2010 at 09:30 PM.