View Single Post
Old 22-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Scoby
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response guys!
Martin, i have looked into tuning the 1600 but i ultimately need long term, every day use, and 145 isn't really what i'm after, at the end of the day i want close to 200, bulletproof, horses, with as much torque as possible. I should have bought the 2.0 but at the time the 16 was all i could afford, but i have since had a work promotion and i do enjoy the car's practicality, i want to keep it, and it's sleeper appearance, perhaps a discreet bodykit. For ease of work i will take your advice and look into the Duratec, i know Cosworth built a few hot versions a few years ago.

I took out a loan of 10K for this, i don't know if that will be enough to do everything but it should be enough to secure a 2.0 Duratec. I am confused as to which ones are Zetec and which are Duratec, i know when i had the ST170 it said Duratec, but it was actually a Zetec, so which car/shop should i look for to provide the engine to make sure i get a proper Duratec?.

How much are you asking for the ST Fido? i got 3 and a half for mine when i traded it in.

Last edited by Scoby; 22-09-2010 at 01:16 PM.