View Single Post
Old 19-09-2010, 07:25 PM
volcomstone411
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, there's a story, i was going to be out and going round, but to my horror when i pulled up on the drive the night before the diff decided to shoot one of it's bolts out the bottom of the gearbox and shoot 3 litres of gear oil all over my parents 3.5k drive. Not very pleased. But in true determination a mate and me worked all night to get it to rallyday, even though it didn't go round the track because the car wasn't 100%, still a success to me just getting there. I'm going to have a closer look next week, but i fear that maybe the diff cannot handle the vibrations of 7800rpm limiter, but having said that the road speed wont of changed. The diff was loctit'd and torqued to spec so something isn't quite right. Might rebore and retap a tighter thread and get some tougher bolts.

Name:  Picture014.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  423.9 KB
Name:  Picture013.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  221.7 KB

Also, finished of some wiring, and had the carbon dash fitted. On that note, does anyone know where the heater box plugs into the loom, go tno fans atm...

Name:  Picture012.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  429.0 KB
Name:  Picture011.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  471.7 KB

And if anyone has any private land, tarmac or gravel available to be used to some film footage could you let me know

And i think my nan want's a jop on the team