View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Quick history lesson on the car:

Original owner put 60,000 on the car and tried to px it for a 4x4 from Ford who offered him nothing for it so he placed it in a barn where it stayed for 8 years.
Trader managed to get it from by now elderly owner and sold it to me, I ran the car every day for over 6 years putting on nearly 70,000.

Only reason we sold it was to buy ourselves a 3 door Cosworth as a 25th wedding anniversary present. Used Saff in px with RSLubby on his 3 door who sold it on to Retrod.

So in reality the car has only had 3 proper owners with a mountain of traceable history and a fair bit spent on it over the years. Gearbox rebuilt, Group A headgasket, brand new diff bearings, brakes and calipers by myself plus the new upgrade Stage 3 by Andy (retrod). Bonnet came off a 4x4 as stated otherwise car is original.

Its a real nice Saff and did make the show report in last months Fast Ford for Castle Coombes so it cannot be that bad.
I will help anyone with any questions on the car if needed, might be slow answering as in Spain at the moment.

Good Luck with the sale Andy.