Old 12-08-2010, 05:22 PM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not much of an update

but i need to surce a late spec centre console so i can have this flocked to finish the interior off

but ive been messing around with the interior lights, i fitted some xenon number plate lights like the bmws and fancied the same on the interior

so ive done all my kick panels with some funky bulbs, the map lights, needed a little modding, and then these as the main lights

problem i had is there mercedes fitment so the earth and live were backwards to what ford do, obviously a normal bulb would fit either way but leds wouldnt so i took it apart lol

soldered an earth on

soldered the live to teh case and put the earth to the end of the bulb

job done

i know have some white lights in the interior cabin now instead of the yellow normal bulbs give off, i had to do this to the 2 main bulbs on the interior lights will get some better pics when its dark but they are brighter

now another problem was my front speakers, ive had these speakers for 5 years and they are 6.5 with tweet, obviously didnt want to ct my door out so i made these, will be finished soon, as this is the first time ive made something like this

all wood is mdf and angled, then i covered it to get a shape then resined it

then plastered with filler so i can sand down to get a final shape

so now do i cover them in black carpet, vinyl, have them flocked or cover them in carbon

ive also carbon covered my ecu cover and the inserts of the interior door handles, and hopefully my kick plates will come out so i can have some carbon kick plates but ill have to wait and see

im just waiting for some prices of my gauges and ive sourced full cossie running gear which i hope to be collecting at the end of the month