Old 21-07-2010, 09:49 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default now i remember why i dont bother with my shed

had a deadly week at work so decided to fit the konis i have in the shed to my orion. so, i dragged the trolley jack out, axle stands, socket set, various bars and spanners, hammer etc.

jack it up axle stand underneath, wheel off, bonnet open.

19mm spanner on the top nut, 8mm on top, pull.... snap. the fucking top sheared off the shock

tried for an hour to free it, had penetrating fluid on it, tried shocking it loose, mole grips in the underneath, putting the weight back on it, everything i could think of, but nothing. now i've got oil leaking out of it all over my inner wing and its like a fucking water pistol squirting oil over my engine whenever theres any rebound on the shock.

Jesus nothing is ever fucking simple. i wouldn't mind but they've been on the car (this time) for less than 17 months and they're fucked, i cant even replace the bastards without them giving me a final kick in the bollocks

i was going to give it some love today aswell, wash and polish and plish the shiny stuff inder the bonnet but i had to leave my tools outside for over an hour cos i wanted to kick the damm thing afterwards which i would've then regretted more.