View Single Post
Old 16-06-2010, 01:16 PM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After my last trip to combe it became aparent that my radiator was a little underspec'd untill now i had been using a corsa c rad and it had been coping well with power levels upto 330 bhp but it did not enjoy a 20 deg day with 2 bar of boost lol.
i was having a look though passionford when i see someone selling a pro alloy one for £40 because it had been damaged but had already been repaired so after i snapped there arm off i had in my possession one pro alloy cossie rad, as you can see there is a ''small'' size difference lol

putting it into the hole and i could not have asked for a better size if i spec'd it myself perfect use of all avalible space

the only real problem with it is the inlet and outlet are on different sides of the rad,my first intension was just to cut them off and move them around and have them rewelded however the cossie uses 32mm pipes but the vauxhall hoses need 35.
so i ordered a hose joiner that is 35mm at both ends, i ordered one with a flange in the middle as this might have been easier to fit

but once i have cut it in half i found it did not work that well so cut the flanges off, i then redrilled the holes with one in the possition for a top hose and one half way down like on a vauxhall

i have made blanking plates for the holes i created and im having a boss welded into the top ''cossie'' one for the water feed for the turbo, its going off for welding tonight.
hopefully this should cure my coolent issues