Old 27-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Tank Mike
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People Of PassionFord- Am I being Unreasable Here?

Basally I sold my transit connect and the story goes like this.......

I sold my Focus Rs Powered Transit connect to a guy. It was up on eBay and he was the first person to call and he offered me £200 less than my starting bid on eBay. I told him I would risk it and leave the auction to end. The Van didn’t sell on eBay. The guy rings back and said his offer still stood and he wanted to see it. I had it cleaned Etc and drove to ace cafe to which he didn’t show up. I wasn’t partially bothered by this. The next day he called me and said that something had come up that night and he was sorry, and would I meet him that evening instead? I agreed to meet him and he came to look at the van. He brought his friend with him and they both looked over the van and I took him for a test drive to which he said he loved it. He said he would think about it and call the next day.

To his word he called me the next day and knocked me down another £300 I told him he could have it for that. He told me he would call me back and he never did. So after a lot of thinking ECT, I decided to keep it. Some time passed, I can’t remember how long the phone rang and it was him. He said he had worked out his finances and wished to come and view the van again. I told him that I wasn’t really interested in selling it anyone but he offered me what he had done previously and I had some bills coming up that really could have done with being paid and the van wasn’t the best thing on the world on fuel. So my sensible side kicked in and I decided to let him come and view the van again. So he met me and my home address and re viewed the van. He brought his friend who he said was a mechanic and had a good look over it. He also took it out for a test drive and offered me £600 less than last time without the bucket seats. (I’m gutted to this day I didn’t tell him to sod off) anyway with the thought of these bills ECT I decided he could have it. He left a deposit and came back the next day.

When he came back the next day he was utterly discussed to find the bucket seats missing and swore to me blind that was not the deal he made with me. Although I was 99% sure I questioned myself that maybe I had misunderstood what the deal was ECT but I couldn’t put them back in as id left them at my mates house where I’d changed the seats over. (My garage is such a mess I couldn’t fit 2 seats in it at the time) So he wanted another £100 knocked off. I was really cheesed off at this but agreed as the whole road was starting to complaine how loud the exhaust was, and the petrol consumption was really starting to hurt. So he signed a receipt saying, sold as seen, due to nature of vehicle No warrantee given.

Now the problems start. He had it a day before he rung me up to tell me something was very badly wrong with the van and it was making a very loud banging noise. After a bit of telephone diagnosis, the bottom engine mount had snapped. (God knows how, I gave that van its fair share of stick and never broke a mount) Anyways I said I was really sorry and I would try and bring a spare I had to his house and fit it as a gesture of good will. He phoned me back later to say it had all been sorted and he was over the moon with the van.

A couple of weeks went by and he called again to say the van was driving like shit, I sold him a pile of rubbish, it was spitting all its coolant out ECT. So I agreed with him to take a look at it. I drove all the way to his house and he wasn’t in. Later that day he rung me and swore he was in all day and I was lying and I never went there, until I told him about some stickers that he’d newly stuck to the side of the van. At this point he said he did nip out for a couple of minutes and he must have missed me. I then agreed to meet him at ace cafe as me a Chip were going up there for performance French Night. Guess what, NO show. So now I can’t be arsed with it anymore. He rung me and I told him to go a waste someone elses time as I really wasn’t in a good mood. He begged me to go and look at it as every other garage he’d taken it too didn’t want to touch it. I agreed to go over once more and look at it. The van was gutless because the Bleed valve for the turbo had been wound all the way in so it wasn’t making much boost compared to normal and it was boiling over because when the engine mount snapped the engine had swag forward and damaged the wiring to the rad fans.
I Reset the bleed valve and took it for a drive and told him to switch it off in traffic and it should be alright to drive as I had to order a new plug for the fans. He went on holiday and I didn’t hear anything from him for ages. All this time I didn’t hear from him, he was spotted several time driving the van like a lunatic with no mechanical sympathy. And I saw him with my own eyes at lakeside cruise one night giving the poor thing death. Out the blue he rung me Monday night and asked if I could come fix it (As a good will gesture) so I said I would go over yesterday night. Sadly my mum scrapped he car down a post yesterday night and I was the lucky one to have to sort that out, so I dropped him a text explaining what had happened and said I was free anytime today. He said fine no problems come today at 11.00am
Guess what, NO answer at the door. He has been ringing me all day and sending me texts saying “my disrespectful behaviour is starting to anger him” and “I should be straight with him” And I can’t be arse to talk to him anymore. I feel he got the van far too cheap anyway (which was my fault but still) He driving it like a lunatic and any problems he’s had I’ve tried to sort as quickly as possible.

I’m I being unfair to cut all ties and say you’re on your own mate! Every time he rings me he makes a point of saying how much he needs me because I built it and no one else understands it.

Hope that makes scene. And any input would be greatly appreciated.