Old 21-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Mike Kerbey
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers for the comments lads.

Time for a small update. Finally got the bits ive been waiting for after 3 weeks! Its thrown a spanner in the works big time. Was hoping to have the engine built and run in by central day, but theres no chance of that happening now But any way, heres a few pics of more new goodies, Just need to find some time to screw it all together now!

I bit the bullet and bought some wossner pistons, now I know there have been some mixed views on these off PF, but I dug deeper and looked at the VW and Vauxhall forums and they seem to get on well with them. Aslong as the clearances are set properly then they seem reliable. I think the main problem is that they need more clearance than most other pistons manufacturers and people just arn't aware.

I also bought all new head bits, New newman cams, double valve spring, hydraulic tappets, arp rod bolts and flywheel bolts. Also some ACL race bearings.

Also got hold of a steering coloumn UJ poly bush as mine is completly shagged! Good time to fit it when the engines not in the hole me thinks!

I got a dirt cheap set of cams of ebay with the bearing housings I were after for a tenner, cant complain there! well chuffed!

So all I need to do now is pull my finger out and get building...enjoy!