View Single Post
Old 16-03-2010, 01:18 AM
silverado_k30
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 1.8d too 1,8td

hi folks this is my first post ive sat and read posts about a non turbo to turbo swap now ive just completed the said job ,
to swap from a 1.8 d 2001 to a 1.8td ecu 1999 this is what is needed
you need the full donor car for ease.
you need to swap exhaust gear selector sub frame gearbox shafts engine of course lol then on the engine its self swap over any diff sensors for water and oil etc swap over the thermostat housing . you need the clutch cable and accelerator cable and also the bonnet if your using the intercooler engine or just the inner liner from the turbo bonnet if you have the diggi dash you need the speedo electric sensor out the top of the old box it just comes off like the cable type and swap it for the cable type and plug back into wiring and it works fine .
you will need to get rid of the pats stop solinoid from the top of the pump and replace with the old type single wire solinoid and run that from a direct ignition live so it powers up on ign on .
remove the old 3 wire soliniod ie cut the wire off and bin it remove the advance wiring device sat on top of the pump again cut and bin .
leave the egr valve with no vac pipe connected stop it from working saves blocking it off .
and i think finaly swap the plugs for the reverse as its a diff shape same wires diff plug and that should be about all you need .
when i did mine i added new timing belts and timed it correctly but when i came to start it it was over advanced to be able to start so i retarded the pump on the vernier and it fired up and runs fantastic
so this is a x ecu engine having nothing more done than every thing stipped off to do with the ecu and i single wire solinoid and a slight timing retard and it flys it does 90 mph up hill now before it would only do that over a cliff lol any ways happy swapping and ty for other threds ive picked bit up from