View Single Post
Old 14-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor.
Ah I see !

The ABS module checks the sensor for operating a parameters continuously and splicing may load the signal either permanenty or erratiaclly causing issues with normal operation.

The best way is to build an interface using electronics ....
An operational differential amplifier with high impedance input and current limited inputs is needed to isolate the systems.
(sorry if its over your head)

Another issue is that ther ABS system pulses will be very fast even at a moderate road speed and there may be issues with the dash accepting such a high speed signal but I am no expert on the dash mentioned.
If this is the case, the signal may need digital dividing to reduce this rate.

I would contact your dash makers as they may have an off the shelf solution.
Right on the edge of my knowledge there mate

Well, i've got a couple of other options - there are loads of 'normal' toothed inductor rings on ebay for a tenner, if i can get one to go onto my driveshaft i can mount an inductive sensor to read it and wire that to the dash. Alternatively i can mount a magnetic 'trigger' in place of one of the bell to rotor bolts on my AP brakes and mount an inductive sensor to read that.

I know the dash will read an ABS sensor as there are quite a few people doing it (sadly they don't clarify whether they are still using a 'live' ABS system). It would be a million times easier for me to just splice a signal into the dash though...