View Single Post
Old 13-01-2010, 12:36 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
you reckon a well sorted head, TB's and suitable management would be cheaper? I guess if you were lucky on ebay maybe but a decent head and cams is gonna be a grand, TB and ecu another grand, and at least 3-400 on mapping even if you get a good base map! thats assuming he does most the fitting himself.

I spent a bit more on my 1.7 to get 225bhp and on that spec youd only drop about 15bhp on a 1.6. although i did go mental on roller barrel throttle bodies from works rally car with maclaren designed throttle intake trumpets (£3.5k of which £1k was the carbon trumpets!), full big valve head with rally cams and omex 600 which aint the cheapest!
You arent reading properly, you dont need to sort the head, its good enough as it comes for 200bhp n\a

all he needs is cams + remap for 145-150 with his current setup, easy done for about £700 all in

the to go to the next level ie circa 190bhp direct to head tb's with fuel rail etc and the ecu and rod bolts/valve springs, deffo cheaper than trying to get a standard zetec-e to that level, which would also require cams/tbs and ecu, unless you used an st170, in which case, have fun with the loom/ecu

Last edited by It's Czech Mate; 13-01-2010 at 12:38 PM.