Thread: Bike carbs...
View Single Post
Old 31-12-2009, 01:47 PM
G Beale
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

R1 carbs being 40mm are well suited to a 2ltr zetec I hear. R6 plenty big enough for a 1.6cvh lump. Had a mate with R1 carbs fitted to a 1.8 RS fiesta lump & it went realy well. Not wishing to start an argument but I have a pdf file saved to my pc stating that the jets should be drilled to around 1.65mm for a 1.6 motor & 1.8mm for a 2ltr ? I could do with hearing from someone who has actually done it all themselves as I am in the process of doing the same thing. I sold my 1st attempt (R6 carbs & home made manifold) thinking I was fitting a zetec to my my mk3 but things have changed again (bought another bike) so I will stick with cvh for now.
If you make the manifold from steel I would advise clamping it all to your head before you weld the inlet tubes to the base plate. I did mine in a vice & the whole thing bent to buggery bollox from the heat. Remember when making your manifold that bike carbs, when fitted to the bike are almost pointing straight down & not horizontal as you might think.
Anyone know how I can post a link to this PDF file I got ?