View Single Post
Old 16-12-2009, 09:51 PM
dingla rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cozmeister
So in order to make more work for yourself later, you're going to use the original drive shafts and make it wider than it is long or tall, and at the same time, cut down the rear propshaft to probably half its length because it's longer than the Mini...

Methinks you haven't thought this through.

There probably is only 2 Cosworth restorations on here at the moment. But that doesn't mean it's OK to destroy one only to bodge its innards into a nasty old Mini. That's not exactly 'balance'. I welcome restoration threads. They makes a change to seeing Cossies raped for parts. I also like seeing Sierra Cosworths built up into big-power specs suitable for the track, because that's where they came from. It's just a shame you couldn't have made it 3 restoration threads.

As I see it so far, the pros and cons weigh up as follows:

Pros: Rusty arse Mini with more tin worm and less solid steel than every Ford in Europe.
Cons: Perfectly good Sapphire with apparently no rust and an apparently perfectly good engine and running gear.

I understand now. I had my 'upside-down hat' on.

Well spotted. The first step to recovery is admitting the problem.

That's the second clever thing you've said.

If you're going to wreck a Cosworth in front of Cosworth enthusiasts, expect at least one to hate you for it.

Welcome to passionford by the way.

guessing you dont like my thread as i got 2 cut up cossie floors in my garage

get the cossie cut up there plenty the old boots still left on the road