Thread: Protein Shakes
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Mr C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to use egg whey protein which was mixed with milk but found I had very strong urine and had constant guts ache, it wasnt pleasant I I never got much from it Im sure. This year Ive started to use SCI-MX GRS5 protein for post exercise <30min replenishment and was amazed at how much I was absorbing compared to the egg whey I used 5yrs ago. The GRS5 is tasty, I had Vanilla and can be hand shaken, I dont suffer the next day with aches and lack of power so much as I used to and would recommend using it.
I just changed to SCI-MX MRF ready for the new year where I plan to hit the gym harder, Im currently sorting diet, proteins, Carbs and exercises and have been recommended the Meal Replacement Formula for lean muscle gain without adding unwanted fat, this is part of a 6x meal a day diet and is suitable for post exercise replenishment aswell. The MRF is heavier to eat though so I would recommend a blender for a really really creamy mix, its delicious. I will have to post if it has made any difference in the new year, and am looking to get trim for June/July holiday time.
I will say you need to use one that is recommended, easily sourced and one that you like the taste of or you wont drink it. There is so much on the market that I would say visit somebody the sells a range you like the taste of and get their advice, if they are big/fit/powerful as you want to be then use what they recommend, they should know their products if they have had such good results on them! Best of luck