Old 06-12-2009, 12:13 PM
skypeller
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thinking of getting a Zetec-S mk5 some Q's

unfortunately i have had some very sad news this week, that my xr3i 90 spec will be a write off thanks to some complete idiot pulling out directly infront of me in a 50mph limit mainroad off his driveway.

i have decided i dont paarticularly want massive performance but something to match or be slightly better performance than the xr3i was, and im assuming the handling is simular...if not better than my standard xr3i efi.... any opinions welcome on performance/handling comparison.

anyway time to move on and im looking for a 2001 or 2002 zetec-s in mint condition original and mileage between 0 and 80k and have up to 2.5k to spend as i will want to opt for the 4-2-1 manifold and miltek exhaust system as ive heard they sound superb.

what is the difference with the phase 1 and 2 zetec-s? (i hear theres very slight differences between the early and later mk5 zs's)

and.....not seen it done on these mk5s at all but im thinking of some 7" cibbie spot lights for it but where would i get some brackets (are they availalbe or will i need to fabricate my own) ...im not double sure on this yet i guess theres only one way to find out, but i loved the way my xr3 sat with its spots on and will miss it. so im thinking this may remind of the old xr a bit

are they good engines the zetec se ? i hear they are yamaha devoloped heads is this correct? do they have Remote central locking and heated front screen options also?

thanks for any replies