View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 04:32 AM
intergrale30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MTECH Mondeo Zetec Turbo

I sent my Concourse mondeo to powerconversions for a zetec turbo conversion , 6000 grand later I get a carback that does not run and has a considerable amount of damage. We got the car home and ripped off everything powerconversions(be warned) had done and started rebuilding the car. We installed Pumaspeeds GT28 turbo and there high flow injectors (good kit) an intercooler and a whole load of parts from the focus rs , this is where Mtech Automotive then stepped in , they installed there Megasquirt V4 (designed by there managing directer Matt) and there mechanic Russ then worked damm hard to rebuild the engine powerconversions had messed up (leaking like a siv) once happy everything was as it should be ,it was up onto the rolling road they have to map the car. At only 0.6 bar Matt managed to get 250 bhp and a huge amount of torq. We were limited by the fact that the car still has its origional exhaust and gearbox fitted , so worried we would blow the box , they stopped there until just after Christmas when Mtech will install a Qaife diff. and exhaust. They say that we can expect well over 300bhp. I will post pics soon and Mtech will post dyno results. If you are looking to do a zetec turbo conversion or need eng. management , then MTECH AUTOMOTIVE is THE place to go , these boys work very ,very hard, do a fantastic job and basically got me out of the SH.T powerconversions caused , for a very reasonable price . I can not say enough good about them. Matt/Russ many thanks for the long hours you both put in to help me out, I now have a very fun car that shocks many people when a Mondeo estate with baby seats leaves them in a cloud of tyre smoke. Check out there site www.mtechautomotive.co.uk or mail Matt at sales@mtechautomotive.co.uk