View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 11:52 PM
fezzaturbs
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation fezza turbs pinking

hi, am new ta this so bare wit me i got a 1990 fezza rst wit sum mods 195 bluchip, beige injectors, t3 turb, pace twin capacity alloy intercooler, amal valve n a -31 actuator. i think she's boostin 1.2 bar but ive noticed a slight pinking noise in 3, 4 n 5th gear, high rev n full boost. before i fitted the -31, she was runnin 0.4 bar n never pinked but u could feel her slightly kangaroo at 132mph like she wanted more fuel. fitted the -31 n amal valve and now she's boostin, she's pinkin. also in the mornings, if you back of the throttle, she pops n farts like a good en, which every rs ive heard do, but after 10 mins, u back off n shell sound flat. obviously she's efi so it has no choke so am i right in thinkin that them first 10 mins is wen the ecu is runnin more fuel to componsate choke, hence why she goes flat wen shes warmed up n the fake choke has switched itself of?? to me its all pointin to not enough fuel coz im still runnin standard fuel pump, hence the flatness wen i let off throttle n pinking at high revs n boost. would a uprated fuel pump sort her out???? many thanks

Last edited by fezzaturbs; 05-11-2009 at 01:39 AM.