View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 08:10 PM
stu da rude
Username change wanted!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Epic story mate, i take my hat off too you! I was in a similar position at the start of this year, knocking on the door of 19 stone and convinced that as i was quite tall i was carrying it well.. Until i saw pics from our new years eve party and i could not believe just how i'd managed to convince myself for so long that i looked 'ok'...

So i got back in the gym, and over the course of 3 months made next to no difference, so naturally got really despondant and wanted to jack it all in, i figured it was a waste of time..

And then, i got made redundant.. This was rock bottom for me, so i decided after much wallowing in self pity to get up and do something about it once and for all. I got back to the gym and booked in for a few PT sessions to get me on track and get a program generated that i could stick too..

As i write this i weighed in at 16stone on the nose this morning, and am averaging overall about 2lbs' loss per week, it has slowed of late, but im grateful for every lb to be honest!

So yeah, i can see where you were coming from, and kudos for realising before it was too late how important everything else is; its too easy to get drawn into wanting to do more and such!

Anyway, good work fella, its an effort well made, and without sounding homo you're looking pretty good so fair play!