View Single Post
Old 28-10-2009, 07:04 PM
24fanaticuk
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focus ST170 funny noise?!?

Hi all,

Just signed up to the site and this is my first post

My partner and I have recently bought a ST170 ( I own the new ST and she wasn't allowed one that good!!) and we have recently noticed that when the car hits 3000 rpm exactly, in every gear, it makes a strange noise.

I can only try and describe this noise as a short, rattling, tinny, scratchy type noise. It is not overly loud, but loud enough to hear if you were driving normally and had no stereo on, but you dont hear it with the stereo even slightly on.

The only real problems we have had since we bought the car was the ECU light come on a little while ago, got that checked out and it was the Lambda sensor, no biggy, got that replaced and all seems to be ok now.

I only mentioned that in case it might have something to do with it, the only way I can possibly see it might have something to with it is because it is specifically at 3000 rpm and I know thats when the 'get me home' rev limiter stops.

I have asked a few people about this already and they hadn't a clue so I thought I would try on here.

If anyone could shed any light on our problem it would be much appreciated!

Thankyou in advance