View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 12:41 PM
v6cruizer
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introducing Ford Taunus/Cortina 2.0 v6

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Let me 1st introduce myself. My name is Dennis Bessems from Holland and I am 27 years old. Me and my wife are together for 8 years and on the 18th september our 1st son was born.

My biggest hobby is my 1981 Ford Taunus. I want to use this topic to keep you informed about the changes. Let start from the beginning, I bought this car 2 years ago. It was in pretty good shape, run 131000 km, but the previous owner had a stroke in the car and caused an accident. The car was damaged at one side. Some pictures from the start:

Bad side:

Engine bay:

The Fender is pretty damaged, i've sprayed it with some new paint for now but the plan is to replace the fender and spray the entire car in a new color.

But beside the color there is much more needed to make the car completely as I want it. So i've changed the wheels, lowered the car, placed a granada 2.8 spoiler, gt backspoiler, k&n filter etc.

A few pictures from how the car looks now:

And picture of how the damaged fender is sprayed for now:

And last foto with the taunus of my brother in law:

The plans for now are new color next year. Leather interior, chrome parts under the hood, other taillights etc. Once the car is completely as I want it i'm planning to change the engine to a 2.8 or 2.9. But for now the 2.0 does just fine.