View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Fezza
H71 CNX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FRST - Failed its MOT, please help :(

Ok, so the fezza failed its MOT. Nothing too drastic (bit of welding on the sills, a bulb not working...)
BUT, also failed because the tyre on the NS front is hitting the inner wing on full RH lock...and the wheel on the OS is hitting the wishbone on full RH lock too.
The guy explained that in order to get it so they dont hit the wishbone or inner wing, the track control end on the OS would need lengthening, and the NS would need shortening, so I had my mechanic do this, and redo the tracking.
The OS wheel is no longer hitting the wishbone, but the NS tyre is still rubbing the inner arch / rail on full RH lock.
There is 2 and a quarter turns from centre to full lock both ways, and I am running 195 / 45 / R16 wheels (Mondeo 'baby escos' wheels)
Is there a way of limiting the amount that the wheels turn when full lock is applied (reducing full lock to maybe just 2 turns of the steering wheel?). I have heard of something involving clamping the steering rack....anyone know how to do it?

I wanna get the car MOT'd this week, so any help would be greatly appreciated...