View Single Post
Old 24-07-2009, 07:26 AM
notroubleclubber
Back In The RS Game!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE - Well not really. Ive been umming and aahing about doing a xr2 fiesta turbo conversion using the engine from this cab. I even got as far as buying a mk2 fiesta which is sitting in my mums drive. However i decided the cab is good as it is with only a few things needing to be sorted to be a nice show car. SO now i have a mk2 fiesta sat in my mums drive doing nothing so gonna have to sell it.
I was also contemplating getting rid of the cab as was getting a bit bored of it.I was thinking of getting an mr2 turbo.However, im using my 7 yrs ncb on my missus car (shes only 20 and has no ncb) and the insurance for the mr2 turbo is too high as its classed as me having no ncb.So im gonna stick with the cab as i dont need my ncb for it as its classed as a classic car.
So, ive decided i need to do the following:
1. Fit a decent alarm and fix my central locking
2. Fit a new roof and frame as frame still isnt sitting right.Might got for a black roof too as the white roof gets dirty VERY quickly.
3. Get the ns rear quarter sprayed and any other bits sorted (ns front door bit scabby and bodykit needs fitting properly as well as bumpers need a respray).
4. Sort interior.I still havent fitted my speaker pods back on as finding it too difficult to get on and need to get some new sill covers as i have a mix of rs turbo ones and cabriolet ones and turbo ones dont sit properly.
5. Get wheels sorted. They are very scuffed so need a sort and paint.
6. Fit my 4wd cossie calipers and pads and buy some 2wd discs.Will RS2000 discs fit? Will also get some braided hoses as they made a lot of difference to my rover coupe turbo.
And that ladies and gentlemen will be about it. I have ideas of going efi but at the mo the car is running fine so im not gonna mess with it!