View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Remko GT
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!

Disaster struck though
Had the car running fine, thought it was slightly pinking, so took it to a RollingRoad to get the mapping sorted in a safe environment. Wasn't pinking after all, had a conrod bearing bailing on me. Trapped dirt in the engine came loose with the oilswaps.
Took out my pistons, crank and block. Cil no. 1 showed severe moisture damage as well, beyond repair.

Dynosheet showed promise though. 300Nm @4400rpm, 170bhp @4100rpm, couldn't rev it over 4.5k rpm, map reading was all over the place due to excessive backpressure and the wrong position for the MAP pick up on the plenum. Pistonrings were fucked, can't even describe how bad the oilrings were. Exhaust was way too small, good for torque and emission but not good for performance.

Now I am in the process of stripping a Scorpio Cossie donor car and dropping in a replacement engine while I save up to get an entire new engine built with forged pistons, BOB short block (stronger mainbearings) slight overbore to 3.0liter and girdled bottom end.
Should do 6.8k rpm and make over 250bhp. I considered going turbo but I just know I'd want more power soon. Engine can be build to cope with that but figured the transmission will turn to chocolate over 300bhp so decided againt it and keeping it N/A.