Thread: RS1600i project
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2009, 10:05 PM
ben16i
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not much happened over the last couple of weeks, due to waiting for parts and getting the arsehole with it, but at the weekend i found some enthusiasum and got out on it. I had a quick measure up for the plenum and found the heater motor was going to course me some problems so i removed the whole thing.

and welded a plate over the motor hole.

I then removed the exhaust manifold and down pipe

ready to fit the T3 turbo and manifold

The head is only tempary fitted as im still waiting for the low comp pistons

so i could fit the turbo amd manifold to start lining things up and make various pipe work.

A rough mock up of the plenum was made out of cardboard and fitted to the carbs to test for clearance.

and found the lip on the bulkhead needed triming back about 10mm to give enough clearance.

The carbs were then fitted to the engine to double check everthing was clear and not hitting.
Now it is fitted i think im going to take about 20mm of the bottom and make it about 15mm wider on the right hand side where the inlet will be.
I dropped of the dimensions and templates today to a mate of mine who will be fabricating the back plate and plenum box this week.
Hopefully have this back and the pistons by the weekend so i can start to make real progress.