Old 25-03-2004, 07:12 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi tony , thanks mate, all the bling in that pic .i have had for about 18 months ,just cleaned it up , the ford bits ,well mate ,like you say ,it soon mounts up , im replacing everything that wont clean up good ,im not going to strip the engine completely ,(im just a valleter lol) byt things like throttle body ,airflow meter ect i will do ., luckily the insurance paid for o/s wing ,front pannel ,headlights,indicators,f.bumper.f.pannel bonnet ,and to paint them parts ,the bill for them alone was £1970, .........thank god for good insurance companys like h.i.c .id only been with them for 5 months B.D ( BEFORE DEER )LOL. and ive talked them into painting the whole car ,roof ect,i got the a.post and n/s wing. i have done a lot of work my self for them ,on the bits you dont see,( shuts ,arches ,,i dont know how much ive spent ,its been spread over a few months so far ,im still going to renew all the suspension bolts ect , how much did you pay for the FUEL PUMP CARRIER , thought i read you got one yesterday mate.. its not too bad if you get a couple of bits a week ,. the cambelt cover looks realy good mate , (not trying to sound up my own arse ) i got a can of plastic primer ,and i had lots of red left from when i did the floor ,it a bit cheaper than a metal one ,im like you ,them bits can wait ,it cost about £12 for the paints in total ,and ive got lots left ,for other bits ,but thats the only red bit im painting ,it looks better than the dirty grey realy .,and the red goes good with the chrome r,cover , im lucky tony ,ive got no engine to pay for ,but i would not have been able to do everything like you , i know its not a race or competition. but your pics made me decide to put a bit more effort into mine ,thank you and DAMO for the insporation ? (sp)im just doing the car for me ,i get loads of satisfaction , ( all these big words are an effort so early in the day ) from doing my car myself ,and just love working on it ,it took me 3 years to turn a dog into the pic .b4 it was smashed ,so im having a damm good go this time to do lots more ,its not going to be no where like concourse ,but im not into that ,cant be doing with cleaning my tyres with a damm toothbrush lol. every show ,thanks for the comments ,i will post the red cover again in a bit ,them pices looked crap in that light. regards tony . and big up damo .hope every thinhg goes good ,