View Single Post
Old 26-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Shonky
V6 Ka of Love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RUSSELLB1904
I am a big vectra nut and hope you know that turbo'ing the vauxhall v6 won't work at all. The rear bank gets to hot as standard and turbo'ing it will just keep melting the rear bank. The best way to get power from these motors and the cheapest is supercharing it.

You can use a supercharger of the new mini's with a few custom brackets and omex standalone management. Can get more info if you want from people who have already done this conversion if you want.

But this deffinately will not work especially with the size of the bay and the amount of heat the engine produces as standard.
With the turbo being in the boot what's the difference between boosting it with a supercharger or a turbocharger? both produce no heat (in this case). I'm also already ducting air from the bonnet over the rear manifold to help as I know it's a weakness

The charger from a new mini probably won't push enough air, they only rate them for up to a 2.0 displacement though I'd love the sound of one there's really no where to put one