View Single Post
Old 26-03-2009, 03:16 PM
notroubleclubber
Back In The RS Game!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE - (Taken from rs owners club forum so soz for repeating myself)

Ive noticed i havent updated this in a while so here goes. Pulled my finger out and managed to get the car down to Janos at Oddkidd Creations in Essex. Took me about 2hrs and the car was running like a bag of crap.At low revs it would stutter and "kangaroo". When i got there and Jano heard it running he said it sounded like it was running on 3 and i was lucky i made it all that way!!! Luckily he started tuning it and within an hour the car was purring and running like new. He also fitted a 195bhp chipped ecu and fitted my double pace intercooler i got for £25. The whole lot and tune up cost me £175 and the car has ran faultlessly since. I even gave a clio williams a race back coming into swindon and i beat him!
Since then I have fitted clear indicators front and side and got rid of all the old side moulding marks by t-cutting.Also touched up the boot and must say looks alot better now!!!! Just need to take my time and sort the rear ns quarter panel out and sort out a few other dinky bits. Ive also fitted cheap white dials i got from ebay for £5 posted and a bit of i.c.e which makes the whole experience driving it alot better.Had to mount it in the heater vents to see it better.Also fitted my personalised number plate i saved from the rs.I also refitted all the rubbers and it now seems alot more water proof,just a little bit showing now but i think its where the roof frame is bent.

Heres some photos of it so far:

Shows off my painting skills - all with rattle cans!

TV dont stay open -its flip front and can remove the front panel too for security.

Things to do:

The list is starting to go down,but the more i work on it,the more things i want to sort:

Buy another exhaust as current one dont fit well
Fit new roof - think frame is bent.
Buy and fit new grafix (gonna go with either focus rs cheq`s or orginal rs stripes)
Fit or Recon Head (New cam and tappets are current is very tappety)
Tidy Up Paintwork (As the stickers are going on,i will tidy it up myself to save costs and be ready for summer)
Finish tidying interior (Want to mount tv better and just give it a good valet)
Buy and fit uprated brakes (Going for 4x4 cosworth calipers and 2wd discs - leaving rears)
Sort out both doors due to rust & damage - need to source
Fit front speaker pod covers

Maybe fit esc cos lookalike wheels (See how they look once tidied up)

And then i should be ready for summer. So not much more to do!