Old 10-01-2009, 08:22 PM
PAUL V
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Not quite mate.
As always, rules are open to interpretation, however, in this instance the rules state the following:

Hopefully, you will see that if you were to offer help to that guy and were not trying to sell him something then no, you are just a helpful member and do not have to be a trader. Our Own Tony Mannock is a great example of this. One of the most helpful members on here, yet have you ever seen him try to sell anything?

I try to be as fair as possible guys, I want this to remain a great community, but I have to keep the rules in place to stop all the robbers and troublemakers from ruining it for the rest of us.
I hope you dont think i am one of those "troublemakers"

In reply to TSM i have not seen him sell anything but i think it would be foolish to think that he has not picked up business from using this site don’t you Stu?

Not that i think this is wrong or am i against it and for the record i have no issue with any one making a profit.

My point is i think you have the rules on trading wrong; there are lots of members on here who could help each other out in one way or another and i think that is what forums are for to share information and help each other out don’t you ? i know you have personally used the services of members that are not traders and have benefitted from it.

The feeling i get from the last 18 months is PF has gone too much of a commercial enterprise. Yes i can see how R+B, Reyland, Matt Lewis etc fit into this site and i agree that the trade fee they pay is fair as they are selling/ servicing the “ford community”
But maybe you should have a sliding scale fee to allow other “traders the use the site” a bit like adverts in magazines’ when a full page add cost £££ while a ¼ page add is more affordable.
Just a thought