View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 09:26 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next up a fancied a bit more power having owned a few high powered 205s in the past a wanted a play around with the engine alittle .

Biggest problem with the 2.0 8v engine is there has'nt been alot of them tuned in the past so we had to pretty much just make a spec up as we went alittle trial and error but was fun

sent my old turbo away to aet turbos to see what spec i could get made up for the std manifold and to my surprise they said could upgrade to a hybrid T3 (biggest i had heard of on a std manifold was a T28) so i gave them the go ahead and a week later .

old turbo against the new one

next up was an uprated cam shaft this car from CATCAMS a nice stage 3 cam

now with the bigger turbo and cam i knew i had to go for a stand alone management so i bought KMS management , to go with this i got my hands on a set of cosworth green 803 injectors at this stage the engine looked like this

after a bit off mapping with the new engine the inlet temp were alittle high so we went for a bigger intercooler this time i opted for a evo one

now at this stage i need to be able to get the power down so we went for a quaife diff and a set of toyo 888's cut slick tyres

so now able to get the power down we now had to be able to stop so decided to upgrade for the gti-6 brakes to a set of hi spec 4 pots and still able to keep the 15" wheels

That was the car for a while and at that spec we managed to get 230 / 240 bhp at the fly a nice figure and defo good power increase

and not every day runs smoothly , burst water pipe