View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Tony @ Greenlight
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Fezza,

Some modifications are obvious to see and an Insurer would take exception if they consider these to have been deliberately non-disclosed. If they are in any doubt they would have an independent motor engineer assess the vehicle to ascertain the extent of the aftermarket modifications.

Insurers are red-hot when it comes to fraud and one way of reinforcing your position would be to find the advert that the prior owner used to sell the vehicle, which presumably would have any modifications listed upon their (autotrader/ebay/pistonheads) advert and if none are listed this would be helpful to you.

If the Insurer concerned is someone who does not cover modified cars, they could refuse to pay a claim on the basis that had they known the facts they would not have offered terms for your car in the first place.

Alternatively, they could simply retrospectively apply terms for any modifications that were present but not declared.

At this stage, your best starting point would be to find the sale advert and then sit tight and wait for the claim to progress.

Kind regards

Tony

Ps. If you can PM me if you're with Greenlight as I can help in a 'hands on' way.