View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 01:04 AM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my RST accross at the Ring back in 2001, cant say I did any special prep work before going, just jumped in the car and off we went. Back then we had little idea about guest houses hotels etc as it was all a bit of an unknown, unded up we had a right laugh camping.

Been back pretty much every year since often multiple visits in the year, its just one of those places that seem to draw you back year on year.

Of the various routes we have traveled, Hull to Rotterdam is the best for us. The Ferry with car is in the region of £270, thats return with a cabin that sleeps 4 and 1 car(so from as little as £67.50 per passenger..
Accomidation at the ring for a B&B is from as little as 50 Euros per night per room based on 2 sharing.

European rescue is a good idea too as someone mentioned above.
Eating out is all part of the Nurburgring experience and is as inexpensive or as expensive as you want to make it. The food is decent and varied especially if you like sausage and steak oh and pizza..

Im sure there will be a heap of folks heading out in 2009 once the opening dates are confirmed, keep an eye opened for posts in General Discussion and I'm sure you'll be able to hook up with other PFrs who're heading out.