Old 28-09-2008, 09:58 PM
fraser9764
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

got a bit more done this weekend,
picked up a new rear valance, cut the lip off and welded it on
nice smooth bum (although there is a bit of a line across the back end thatts going to take a fair bit of work to recreate)

got the scuttle on propperly, just got to flapper wheel the welds off to make sure the windscreen seals

welded some triangles on for the bonnet pins, gettting better at this welding lark now

splash of etch primer

got the rear subby mount tacked on, going to take the subframe back over next time and check its right befor i weld it fully,took friggin ages as a was scared of getting it out of line

Sorted out my rollcage aswell, going for an FIA approved OMP 6 point bolt in (£330 from demon theives) with 4 extra attatchment points to the top ofthe screen and the B pillar same as the Pug and an extra couple of lengths of CDS welded in, one below the dash and one for the harnesses. The extra welding will mean it loses its Homolgolation but it doesn't need to be FIA approved, its never going near a rally stage!! THe welding to the cage will be done by Ellis welding at northwich, they do a lot of work for us at work so i'm hoping for a decent price