Thread: GT40/88 turbo
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
I can see why people think that from what he posts online sometimes, his online persona is TERRIBLE and nothing like the real rod at all) then fine dislike him for it if you want but you are totally missing what Rod is really like.
The reality is that Rod is a really great guy and a true petrol head and a properly inspiring guy when you think of what he has been through (according to the doctors he shouldnt have even been alive still, let alone driving, and let alone doing 200) and still be as much of a hardcore petrol head as any of the young'uns on this site, he's just "rubbish at the internet" thats all, and who can really blame him when for the first 55 years or so of his life it didnt exist, you know what they say about old dogs and new tricks after all
I don't accept that his age or the fact the internet wasn't around for most of his life is any excuse whatsoever for the PM he sent Dave (btw there are others and I have seen them!), I am convinced that Rod knows exactly what he's saying. Fair play for defending him though Chip!