Thread: emissions
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2008, 07:22 AM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My car has idle stabilisation using ignition retard/advance, and does not need the iscv.
It also has vastly better fuel and boost control than the std ecu's.
My dad has a ghia mondy 2.0 auto, and my cossie is smoother by a long way, and the tickover is 1000% stable hot or cold, and it is not fully mapped yet.
Thinking of modding the plenum cover for 8 injectors as the ecu runs this with no mods, but not really any point although it will be slightly better high up, as well as LC TC CL, the coilpack was a good move running 0.9mm gaps now, and it doesn't use any unreliable ignition amps either.
It is actually richer than it needs to be at the minute, although if needed(doubtful) I may fit a better iscv from another car as it will work any system just by a mouse click, already had to change tps, to a universal one(£25) less than 1 minute on the compy was aligned and perfect I did it and I really am crap on the compy, will work with any tps.
My engine has done 160,000 miles WITHOUT any bottom end work, just a top end rebuild, it's crap about won't idle with less CO, though it might just show what a shit system the std ecu is, my car used to idle at 2.5% CO with same mileage on a GGR chip, that was for stage 1, I had modded head aand T34 and it still had same CO, and was still perfect idle.
tabetha

Last edited by tabetha; 25-08-2008 at 07:28 AM.